Re: Mont Alto By Bus - Headcount Needed

porter.corinne

You can count me in for a seat.

Corinne Porter

--- In Quantico_Orienteering_Club@..., "greg_lennon"
<greg_lennon@...> wrote:

We need a headcount for those planning to join the fun on our club
bus
ride up to our Mont Alto (Pennsylvania) event, next Saturday May 17
(yes, it's a Saturday event).

This annual event is a co-hosted by QOC and SVO, with courses this
year
set by none other than one of the 2007 US Classic Orienteering
Championships course setters, Francis Hogle. While the map isn't
new,
it's holding up well and has recently been digitized by Eddie
Bergeron.
A full suite of seven courses will be offered (W/Y/O/Br/G/R/Bl) on
pre-printed, 1:10,000 scale maps, and as you may know, the Mont
Alto
terrain is usually fine to run on at this time of year.
Registration
fees will be just $4 for members, and there are nearby restroom
facilities.

For the bus, we'll plan 2-3 convenient pickup points, probably at
local
park'n'rides in NoVA and MD. The bus cost will be $15 per adult,
half
that for juniors. Food and drink is fine on the bus – and this
time,
on the ride back there might be an planned beer tasting event
(other
suggestions welcome too!).

We need a headcount of interested folks - it's not an ironclad
commitment, just a headcount - so please speak up on this Forum or
by
sending me an email directly, indicating the number of seats
you'll be
reserving, and assuming we reach a critical mass, I'll follow up
with
meeting point details.

Thanks,

Greg Lennon