Summer Short Series -- Schedule so far

Peggy Dickison

Hi all,

We had a great start to the summer series last Saturday, with a new map at Cabin John Park (one of many made by Nadim Ahmed J ) and a large crowd of participants. The rest of the summer is shaping up to be just as good. Here’s the schedule as I know it now. Details for each event will be sent out closer to each one.

This coming weekend there is no SSS, as there’s an A meet near Pittsburgh many of us are attending.

July 2-3-4: Camping weekend at Pohick. Camping is optional of course. Some of us will be camping in the overflow area (not group camping); if you’re interested in camping, make reservations with the park. You may participate in any or all of the training events.

Nadim Ahmed is the weekend organizer. There may be other fun activities, like mini golf or boat rental, also available.

            2 – Pohick Bay, 4 pm  (host/setter: Jon Torrance)

            3 – Mason Neck, 4 pm (host/setter: Tom Strat)

            4 – Meadowood, 10 am  (host/setter: Peggy Dickison)

July 9 --  Rockburn Park, MD (new map!) (host/setter: Ted Good)

July 16 – Wheaton, MD (host/setter: Mark Mace)

July 23 – Lake Needwood, MD (expanded map!) (host/setter: Nadim Ahmed)

July 30 – nothing scheduled, US Champs in New York

August 6 – nothing scheduled, Canal Cities Challenge in New York

August 13 – date still available

August 20 – Squirrel Kill (host/setter: Ted Good)

August 27 – Street o’, Virginia (hosts/setters: Gary Smith & Karla Hulett)

If you’re interested in hosting, there’s one free date, plus the three weekends of A meets (no problem having SSS events conflicting; the turnout may be smaller). Just let me know.

Your friendly Summer Short Series Mistress,