SSS Pohick Camiping Training Weekend

Nadim Ahmed

I have received several RSVPs so if you've already sent one, you don't need to do so again. However, if you’re coming to the Summer Short Series Pohick, VA Camping Weekend training events this holiday weekend and haven't already done so, please remember to RSVP me by early Friday so that we’ll have enough maps.  The events are as follows:

Saturday   Pohick Regional Park at 4pm,   Pohick Bay Dr. just north of the mini-golf course
Sunday      Mason Neck State Park at 4pm,  starting from an external access point which will be updated later
Monday      Meadowood at 10am,  at Harley Rd., near the intersection with Gunston Rd.

Bringing your own map case is advisable.  The Mason Neck event will be a score-O.  All events are informal training sessions that will emphasize advanced navigation techniques.  Donations supporting US Team competition will be accepted.

Apart from the advanced orienteering training, a few participants will be camping, trail running, using the water parks, and enjoying boating/sailing/canoeing in the river.

Thanks,

Nadim