2012 Summer Short Series

Peggy Dickison

It's time to start thinking about summer orienteering.

If you're interested in hosting an event, let me know what your preferred date and location are. If you don't have a date yet, you can just notify me of your interest at this point. As in most years, I'm aiming to fill every weekend :-) with orienteering opportunities. Like last year, I'm hoping we'll have some out-of-the-ordinary events. Stay tuned for announcements.

To help in your planning, here is a partial schedule of major and/or somewhat local events you may want to plan around. Most of the non-US events have at least one QOCer planning on attending.

June 3 -- QOC Beverage Chase ... the SSS season begins after this event!
June 9/10
8-14 Military World O' Champs (Denmark)
10 Yukon O' Champs (Canada)
June 16/17
16-17 Jukola Relay (Finland)
17 DVOA - Mt. Penn )PA)
June 22/23
22-24 O-Festivalen (Norway)
June 30/July 1
June 30-July 14 North Atlantic O' Champs (Greenland, Iceland, Faroe Islands!)
1-8 World Masters O' Champs (Germany)
2-7 World University O' Champs (Spain)
July 7/8
7-14 Junior World O' Champs (Slovakia)
July 14/15
14-22 World O' Champs (Switzerland)
July 21/22
21-22 CNYO Rogaine (New York)
22-27 O-Ringen (Sweden)
July 28/29
August 4/5
4-5 Race of Hope Rogaine (Ohio)
5 DVOA - French Creek East (PA)
August 11/12
11 MNOC 6-hr Rogaine (Minn)
11-19 Canadian O' Champs (Alberta, Canada)
August 18/19
18-19 Dakota Rogaine Champs (Custer, SD)
20-28 World Mountain Bike O' Champs (Hungary)
August 25/26
Aug 28-Sept 3 Laramie Daze (Wyoming)
Aug 31-Sept 1 World Rogaine Champs (Czech Republic)
September 1/2/3

There are a lot of world champs of various sorts in Europe, but there's not much going on domestically this year (unlike last year). So, let's fill the void with fun, social, local training!

Peggy Dickison
Summer Short Series Mistress