Summer Short Series this Saturday, 30 June

Peggy Dickison

Folks,

For the Summer series on 6/30, I will be re-using the 6/20 Wed Training course and have made some shorter versions.  It promises to be very hot one so bring liquids.  We will go to Sorrento’s afterwards for Dinner.  Starts will be between 4-4:30.

Long: 8.9K 360m, 14 controls

Mid: 7.5K  210m, 10 controls

Short: 5.8K  195m, 8 controls

Training: this is a WOC training for a long course event.  There are several longer routes where fine route choice decisions are the key.  There are two drinking fountains on/near  the course but no water at controls.

Directions to Catonsville Community College (This is very close to the QOC Glen Artney meet recently)

   Take Interstate 95 to the Interstate 195/Rt 166 exit.  Take 166 west.

   Follow 166 until it ends at Rolling Road.  Go right on Rolling road.  Go about .5-1 mile and turn left onto campus drive.  There are signs for Catonsville Community College there.

   Follow campus drive down the hill and back up the hill.  Then turn left.  Campus drive does a big loop around the campus.  Pull into the first large parking lot on the left.  We will be in the middle part of the parking lot closest to the fields.

Map: 1:10,000  5m contours.  The woods are generally open.  There are some stilt grass areas but it isn’t too bad in this part of the park yet.  There is no water at the start/finish.  There NO BATHROOMs.

     Let me know if you are coming.

               Ted Good

PS from Peggy – remember, cost is $5/person, with all proceeds going to the US Senior (“Foot-O”) Team. Larger donations are welcome! (Tax deductible, too.)