Orienteer & More at Wheaton Park This Sunday

Greg Lennon

Snow might have made it more difficult for course setter Mihai Sirbu, but he's set a total of 8 courses for your orienteering pleasure at our Wheaton Regional Park event this Sunday, March 19, and much of the snow will have disappeared by then. Event timing is as usual: register between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and be back before 3pm.

Mihai will also conduct 3 short, topical training sessions geared to intermediate and advanced orienteers at 1, 1:30 and 2pm; attend any or all based on which topics you'd like to learn more about. Full course and training/topic details, along with driving directions, are on our event webpage.

Event Director Florence Tan has also found a nearby restaurant that comes highly recommended, so for a post-event (~dinner) meet-up, check out the links to the Full Key restaurant on our event webpage and let Florence know if there's a chance you'll make it. Everyone is welcome, you can BYOB, and for those who run early enough and/or live close enough there's even enough time to clean up at home and then come join up with Florence and others at the Full Key around 5:15pm.

See you at Wheaton!