SSS-like event tomorrow 7/29, 4pm

Greg Lennon

There will be an informal training session tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon suitable for a small number of advanced orienteers, hosted by individuals (rather than as an official event hosted by QOC). The will be a short loop, a long loop, and the option to do one or both. Start window is suggested to be between 4 - 4:30, with the intent being to have everyone out of the woods by 5:30/6. [ie it's not a mass start] Getting together afterwards for dinner at a local restaurant is likely given sufficient interest.

Meet at the parking lot just off MacArthur Blvd, and across from Old Angler's Inn (10801 MacArthur Blvd, Potomac, MD). We're hoping the "upper" parking lot will have enough spaces, but on a Saturday afternoon you may want to grab any space you see and come find us. A map of this area is here, from which driving directions can be generated if needed. [If the link isn't working, it's basically pointing to coordinates 38.9819, -77.2266.]

Since this is an unofficial training session for a small group, and not open nor advertised to the public per se, no permit is required or being sought. Nonetheless, it behooves us to avoid over-publicizing our presence, so actions like wearing our new colorful QOC jerseys or otherwise overtly calling attention to ourselves is discouraged. 'Nuff said?

If you're an advanced orienteer and/or interested in participating, please confirm your likely attendance and course (short, long, or both) by email or phone to Peggy, especially so we can make sure to have enough maps printed for everyone.