SSS Saturday, 4 August 2007

Peggy Dickison

We will have a Summer Short Series event this coming Saturday in
Maryland at Glendening Preserve in Upper Marlboro.

The event will consist of two sprints. Host is Francis Hogle. Assume starts at 4 pm unless you hear otherwise (I haven’t heard yet). It might be earlier as the standard closing time for the area is 5 pm.

Directions: From Washington:  Take Pennsylvania Ave. east to Capital Beltway (Rt. 495). At the Beltway, Penn. Ave. becomes Rt. 4; follow Rt. 4 east/south for about 10.5 miles to the "Plummer Lane" exit. (Plummer Lane is 3 miles east of Rt. 301 and 1.5 miles east of the Patuxent River). Exit right at Plummer Lane and take the second right – almost immediate – through the gate into the Sanctuary.

From Baltimore/north: From Route 695, take I-97 south. I-97 ends at Route 50. Take Route 50 West/301 South. 301 South will split from Route 50. Continue on Rt. 301 south to Route 4 at Upper Marlboro. Go east/south on Rt. 4 for 3 miles (1.5 miles after crossing over the Patuxent River) to the "Plummer Lane" exit on right and take the second right – almost immediate – through the gate into the Sanctuary.

As always, a social dinner will follow, at a location TBD. Donations to the US Team, suggested minimum is $5. (We kick some back to the Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary for this event, so please consider increasing your donation by a couple bucks.)