Topics

2017 Summer Short Series

Peggy Dickison

It’s time to start thinking about the summer! I guarantee you it *will* get hot, humid, and buggy.

The Summer Short Series will be back for another season of low-key orienteering training and socializing. I’m currently looking for hosts to put on events. Let me know if you’d be interested, with the date and location you want, or if you have questions about what hosting entails.

What hasn’t changed: price, $5 minimum donation, to go to the US Team. Timing: Saturdays, usually 4 pm, followed by optional group dining. I am always willing to entertain different times and days as well.

What has changed: uh, nothing, as far as I can tell.

Here’s the schedule so far (with other events you or other orienteers may be attending – use it as a guide to signing up). All listed dates are Saturdays.

June 10 — Fountainhead/Wolf Run Shoals area: this will be vetting the three courses for the International Cartographic Conference’s orienteering event, to be held July 6th

June 17                 (CISM [Finland]; Jukola [Finland]; DVOA local event)

June 24                 (US SML champs, Idaho)

July 1                     (World Orienteering Champs [Estonia])

July 8                     (DVOA Rogaine)

July 15                   (JWOC [Finland]; Fin-5; Western Canadian Champs [Winipeg])

July 22                   (CNYO Rogaine; O-Ringen [Sweden])

July 29                   (Bohemia Orienteering; Canadian O’ Festival [Quebec])

Aug 5                     (Canadian O’ Festival: Canadian O’ Champs [Ontario]; Ohio Rogaine)

Aug 12 — Oregon Ridge, possibly in the morning if it looks hot

Aug 19                  (World Rogaine Champs [Latvia])

Aug 26

Peggy Dickison

SSS Mistress