Topics

2 New Volunteer Opportunities: Sunday, July 9 & Friday, July 28

Greg Lennon

From QOC President Jody Landers:

On Sunday, July 9, the Patapsco Valley State Park has invited QOC members to participate in another Trail building work day. The work group will be meeting in the Pickall Area, located at 8125 Johnnycake Road, Woodlawn, MD 21244 in Shelter No. 701. The work day starts at 9:00am and lasts until 1:00pm.  There will be a Ranger Station Attendant present to direct the group and the Mid-Atlantic Off-Road Enthusiasts (MORE) will be providing food and t-shirts to all volunteers. If you can attend, no need to register in advance, just show up, but please make certain to sign-in listing QOC as your designated organization, so QOC can get credit for the time you work.

On Friday, July 28, QOC will be participating in an Invasive Plant Removal work day. The group will be meeting at the McKeldin Area of Patapsco Valley State Park, in Parking Lot A, which is directly beyond the ranger station at the park entrance. The work day will start at 9:00am and end at noon. Please bring drinking water, sturdy work gloves and dress for pulling up plants in the woods. If you are able to attend on the 28th, please confirm your attendance by sending an email to jody@landersclan.com or a text to 443-386-2638, making sure to include your name. I will need to give the ranger an advance count, so they can make sure they have a sufficient number of tools for our group.

On behalf of the entire club, I would also like to thank the 27 club members who came out for the first Trail Building workday on June 24.  We had a great time and got a lot of work done cutting a new trail through a lesser used section of the park South of the River and West of Marriottsville Road.