Topics

Season Opener: Lake Accotink Orienteering This Sunday

Greg Lennon

It's predicted to be a sunny, 72 degree day this Sunday, Sept. 10 at Lake Accotink (near Springfield, VA) for the first event of our 2017-2018 season, and we hope to see you there!

Course setter Jon Torrance has designed classic (point to point) white, yellow and brown courses, as well as a 75 minute Score-O course intended for advanced and intermediate orienteers. And there's an (optional) twist for Score-O participants: a 'dogbones' course option, imported from Canada for the occasion (read about it on the event webpage).

Event timing will remain the season standard: register any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and be sure to be back no later than 3pm. And for a bit of additional fun, don't forget that Lake Accotink offers boat rentals, miniature golf, and bike rentals, and dogs on leash are welcome here too.

Full event details - and driving directions to the McLaren-Sargent Pavilion where our registration area will be (NOT the lower parking lot underneath the train bridge) are on our event webpage.

See you Sunday!