Topics

Calling All QOC Members: We're Hoping to See You Sunday at Smokey Glen Farm!

Greg Lennon

Orienteers of every skill level are encouraged to attend this coming Sunday's (Dec. 9) QOC orienteering event, based out of Smokey Glen Farm (near Seneca Creek State Park, Maryland). While the weather is expected to be quite seasonal, our heated indoor venue will be the place to socialize before, in between, and after the morning - and afternoon - events, and the great terrain and courses will provide fine orienteering too.

Yes, it's the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Champs, with classic courses in the morning (starts from 9am to noon) and a relay race in the afternoon at 1:30pm - we hope you can do at least one race and hopefully both. Our club hopes to win back the Broken Compass Award this year, and since participation is a big part of the overall scoring rubric, we need you to attend! Courses of all levels, from beginner to advanced, are available and even though it's a Champs event our fees will be the same as for local events, so it's a great deal too.

Full event details are on the event webpage, and to guarantee yourself a map head there now to pre-register (no need to pay in advance), and please remember to also click on the link on the event webpage to directly email Jon Torrance your relay leg preference if you're a QOC member ready to have some relay-style fun.

Bring a change of clothes, bring food, and let's win back the Broken Compass!