Topics

Advanced terrain walk rescheduled for Pohick Bay

Jon

All,

Since the planned terrain walk last weekend got rained out along with the event as a whole, I'm rescheduling it for this Sunday at Pohick Bay. Everything the same except the new date and venue - gather at registration a few minutes befoe 1pm, walk beginning at 1pm, anticipated to take until ~3pm.  We'll navigate to several controls together and talk through the entire process, plus I'll try to answer any questions about orienteering technique participants may have. Participating should be beneficial for anyone from people who feel comfortable on yellow and therefore ready to step up to orange through people who have made the transition to advanced courses already but haven't figured it all out yet so well they couldn't benefit from picking the brain of a long-time advanced orienteer.  If you fall anywhere in that range and would like to take part, please email me no later than 6pm Saturday (though I'll print a couple of extra maps in case new participants pop up on Sunday).  There's already one person interested who couldn't make it to Granite rain or no rain so unless they back out this is on regardless of the level of additional interest.  Cheers.

Jon