Event: Registration Opens 6pm Monday Oct 18 for QOC's Oct 24 Cunningham Falls MD Orienteering Event - 10/18/2021 #cal-reminder

main@QOC.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Registration Opens 6pm Monday Oct 18 for QOC's Oct 24 Cunningham Falls MD Orienteering Event

When:
10/18/2021 6:00pm to
10/23/2021 12:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Cunningham Falls State Park, Manor Area, 6709 Cunningham Falls Park Road Thurmont, MD

Organizer: QOC QOCmgmt@...

View Event

Your chance to orienteer in an area full of historic charcoal platforms has arrived - registration will open this Monday Oct. 18 at 6pm for our orienteering event on Sunday Oct. 24 in Cunningham Falls State Park, near Thurmont MD. Our registration area will accessed via the Manor Area entrance, and speaking of that entrance, having exact change to pay the park's entrance fee there is definitely recommended. The per-vehicle fee is $3 cash for MD residents, $5 for out-of-staters, and free for veterans and active duty military. And if the entrance booth ranger states the park is too crowded to enter - which can happen at peak Fall leaf viewing time - and tries to turn you away, since we have a permitted event, just tell them you are attending the QOC event in order to be let in.

Full event details for all orienteering courses (beginner through advanced; white through blue) are posted on the event webpage, where you'll also find driving directions and the link to register. See you next Sunday!