Event: Registration Opens at Noon (Monday Nov 15) for QOC's Dec. 5 Hoyle's Mill Maryland Orienteering Event + 2 More Announcements - 11/15/2021 #cal-reminder

main@QOC.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Registration Opens at Noon (Monday Nov 15) for QOC's Dec. 5 Hoyle's Mill Maryland Orienteering Event + 2 More Announcements

When:
11/15/2021 12:00pm to
12/03/2021 6:00pm
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Where:
Hoyle's Mill, Maryland SoccerPlex Fields 12-13, 18031 Central Park Circle, Boyds MD

Organizer: QOC QOCmgmt@...

View Event

QOC's Hoyle's Mill event will be the premier event of the season, so we are opening registration earlier than usual - at noon this Monday (Nov. 15) - so you'll have plenty of time to register before registration closes on Friday Dec. 3 at 6pm. The event itself is on Sunday, Dec. 5, in Hoyle's Mill Conservation Park. Parking and check-in will be at the parking area for Fields 12-13 of the Maryland Soccerplex, and full event, registration and driving details are on the event webpage. This is a National Ranking Event ('NRE'), which means we've gone to even greater lengths than usual to ensure a high quality event for all!

And very briefly:

  • First, we'd like to see a large turnout of QOC members at this coming Sunday's (Nov. 21) Mid-Atlantic Champs, hosted by DVOA, so head to our event webpage and then register before the 11pm deadline this Thursday!
  • Second, to give you a great chance to orienteer before and after Thanksgiving whenever you wish (from Nov. 21 - Dec. 4), QOC will host a virtual event with plenty of interesting locations to find around the National Mall. Using MapRun technology on your phone or Garmin watch and suitable for all, you'll have 6 courses to choose from and you're welcome to go as a group or on your own. Full event and registration details are here and registration will most likely open this Friday.
Register, register, register and then orienteer, orienteer and orienteer!