Topics

Intermediate/advanced terrain walk at Fountainhead this Saturday

Jon

All,

There's no time like the near future to make good on my promise that the terrain walk at Balls Bluff wouldn't be a one-off, so it's on again for this Saturday at Fountainhead. The same plan as at Balls Bluff but with much simpler logistics since registration/start/finish/parking will all be much, much closer together - assemble just before 1pm at the start and we'll walk around the brown course whilst I attempt to transmit, verbally and by demonstration, my accumulated orienteering wisdom. This will involve a fair bit of covering basics in addition to discussion of whatever advanced issues the brown course raises.  Questions about any and all aspects of orienteering will also be entertained.  Participation is recommended for orienteers who have only just begun to attempt orange courses, orienteers who routinely do advanced courses but feel like they don't know it all and would like to pick the brain of an orienteer with past if less so current pretensions to elite status, and everyone in between. Please email me (jon.torrance@...) before Saturday if you'd like to take part - up to ten people may join me, first responding, first served. If this ends up oversubscribed or Saturday isn't convenient for you, don't despair - I anticipate doing this again sometime in January or February and at least once thereafter this season.  Cheers.

Jon