Topics

News About 3 Upcoming Orienteering Events

Greg Lennon

While there isn't a QOC event this weekend, there are *three* news items for you to be aware of ... so in chronological order:

  1. Registration is still open for next weekend's (Sunday Oct. 27) QOC event at Great Falls, MD, and the Fall colors should be peaking in this classic venue. This event requires pre-registration (no walk-ups are allowed), and it has sold out for the last 5 years, so why not register now via the event webpage?
  2. Just a week later, on Sunday Nov. 3, the Mid-Atlantic Champs event will take place at Pine Grove Furnace State Park (PA). We will have a 55-pax charter bus heading up there (reserve your seat via the event webpage), and we hope as many QOC members as possible will attend this event to help us win back the Broken Compass Award!
  3. The week following our Nov. 10 event at Balls Bluff, the annual Stumble event will take place. This year, it will be at Patuxent River Park, on Sunday Nov. 17. Registration is now open for the Long and Short Stumble courses (but there's no need to register for the recreational courses, white/yellow/orange, which will also be available). Full event details are here.
Enjoy the Fall orienteering in our great outdoors!