Topics

Night Orienteering this Saturday at Prince William Forest

Greg Lennon

We expect a fine crowd this Saturday night (March 11) at Prince William Forest Park, where thanks to course setter Ken Walker, Jr. there will be four night orienteering course options starting near our group area at Cabin Camp 5 (also known as Happyland). Course stats for the beginner, intermediate, and two advanced courses are now online on the event webpage.

This Night-O event does not require pre-registration, so just come to the event and register (and pay) any time between 6:30pm - 7:30pm. Start your course any time between 7:00 - 8:30pm, and be absolutely sure to be back before 10pm. [As with all of our night-O's we also remind you that dogs aren't allowed on the course.]

Driving directions are posted on the event webpage. Be prepared to walk up to 800 meters in the dark to the registration area, so have your headlamp or flashlight ready to go. We will try to get closer-in parking, but parking is expected to be quite tight. There should also be space for you to drop clothes or a bag before your run.

Dress warmly, and enjoy your run and the PWF cabin camp camaraderie!