Topics

Orienteer at Cunningham Falls This Sunday - If You PreRegister

Greg Lennon

QOC is proud to host our Third PlatformPalooza at Cunningham Falls State Park (near Thurmont, MD) this Sunday, Sept. 8.

Thanks to course setter Sam Listwak, you have six courses to choose from (from white/beginner through blue/advanced).

Due to park restrictions, you must pre-register for this event (we will not be offering day-of, at-the-event registration), so after reading Sam's course notes and other details on the event webpage, click on the registration link to choose a course and pay for your registration.

Please note that the park website warns of possible traffic issues due to construction, and they also state that on crowded weekends they may turn away visitors at the gate. However, since we have a permitted event, you can tell the ranger on duty you are attending our event in order to be let in. There is likely to be a park entrance fee as well, which is not covered by your pre-registration.

Enjoy the opportunity to visit this interesting park and its charcoal platforms - but make sure to register before heading out this Sunday to Cunningham Falls State Park!