Topics

Orienteer at Fountainhead Tomorrow (Saturday)

Greg Lennon

Using the more northern - and arguably more interesting - northern area of Fountainhead Regional Park, the orienteering event on offer for tomorrow (Saturday May 20) will be based out of the Bull Run Marina parking lot. Course setter(s) Keg Good and Daniel Heimgartner have put assembled a full set of courses (white through blue) to take advantage of this terrain, and the weather is predicted to be quite cooperative with a high a tad above 70 degrees.

Even if the parking/registration isn't our normal one, event timing will be: register any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1, and finish no later than 3pm.

You should also make sure to read the event and course setter notes on the event webpage - there are safety warnings (especially for crossing Yates Ford Road) as well as map notes that are important to read for this event.

And mark your calendars now if you haven't already for our end of season party & orienteering event, taking place Sunday, June 4 at Jug Bay! Pre-registration will open next week ...