Topics

Orienteer at Patapsco/Avalon This Sunday

Greg Lennon

As Event Director & Course Setter, the dynamic orienteering duo of Anne and Kim Jepsen invite you to orienteer this Sunday, January 10 at the Avalon area of Patapsco Valley State Park (near Elkridge, MD).

There will be eight courses ranging from beginner/white through advanced/blue, including the short advanced beige course. Event timing is our standard - register at the event any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and make sure to be back no later than 3pm.

The Avalon area is runnable and yet steep in places, so make sure to read the course details and course notes that are posted on the event webpage to help you select the best course. Given the forecast of some rain Saturday night, the ground is likely to be wet but by Sunday afternoon the forecast calls for a high of 57 with relatively clear skies, great for a mid-January day!

Last and least: if you still haven't placed your name on the "sentry entry" list for our January 24 Combat Village event on the Quantico Marine Base, keep in mind you've only got until the end of this Sunday (January 10) to do so.