Topics

Orienteer at Pohick Bay This Sunday

Greg Lennon

With registration based out of one of nicest pavilions in our area (the Eagle's Nest Veranda right at the water's edge), we invite you to come orienteer at Pohick Bay Regional Park (east of Lorton, VA) this Sunday, May 13.

We will have a full suite of seven courses (white through blue) thanks to the Merkas, and event timing will be standard (register any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start between 11 - 1:30, and be back before 3pm).

Save your money but bring food! By that, we mean:

  • When you enter the park, tell the attendant you are attending the QOC Orienteering event in order to not have to pay the entry fee (the club permit fee covers everyone's entry);
  • You're encouraged to bring food and drinks to enjoy on our veranda; it has tables and chairs and a refrigerator (and rumor has it there's a stocked ice cream freezer that may have goodies for those who have finished their course).
See you Sunday!