Topics

Orienteer at Prince William Forest This Sunday Oct. 29

Greg Lennon

The woods are full of Fall colors in Prince William Forest (PWF) for this coming Sunday's QOC event, and thanks to course setter Nadim Ahmed, we have 8 courses for you to choose from: white through blue, including "beige" (an advanced course of less distance than brown). This is also the terrain closest to the Quantico Marine Base, so it's good practice for those of coming to QOC's Classic Champs Nov. 11-12 (and registration for that is still open for *just* 2 more days, so sign up now for that if you haven't at USchamps.org).

Advance online registration is required for our PWF event and is available via the event webpage, because we aren't allowed to collect fees at this time in this park, so please make sure to register before coming to the event. [There will be no walk-up registration.] Event timing is standard though; start anytime between 11 - 1:30 and be back no later than 3pm.

Event Directors Mark and Rae Ann Hicks will have volunteers pointing you to the parking, which will be at the Williams Ball Field, a short walk from the start/finish and registration area at the Pine Grove Pavilion. If you didn't pay a fee at the entrance booth, please make sure to head to the Visitors Center to pay before parking.

So head now to the PWF event webpage to register (if you haven't already registered) and to see the full course stats as well as driving directions. And while you're in the mood to register online and have your epunch handy, feel free to sign up now for our Nov. 19 event at Great Falls MD, since registration is open for that too and it usually sells out!