Topics

Orienteer at Rosaryville State Park This Sunday

Greg Lennon

We expect the rain will have moved well to north by this Sunday (May 14), and it should be a fine day to orienteer at Rosaryville State Park (near Rosaryville, MD). We will have a full set of 7 courses (white through blue), and event timing will be our standard: register any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and be back before 3pm.

The mountain bike orienteering (MTBO) that was originally scheduled to take place before the foot/classic orienteering has been cancelled since the trails are expected to be too wet to bike on, but we hope to find a day in the future when course setter Tom Nolan's MTBO courses will get a chance to be enjoyed.

Event Director Virginia De Bons also wants everyone to know that Rosaryville has plenty of picnic tables under the pavilion we'll be using, and we expect a grill will be fired up as well, so bring some food and plan to sit back and enjoy the day after your run!

Event details and driving directions are on our Rosaryville event webpage - and for those planning ahead a bit, if you haven't already noticed this, next weekend's event at Fountainhead has been moved a day forward ... it will take place *Saturday* May 20.