Topics

Orienteer & More at Mason Neck State Park This Sunday

Greg Lennon

With temperatures forecast to be in the mid-70's, it should be fine weather to orienteer at Mason Neck State Park (east of Lorton, VA) this Sunday, April 30. In addition to the orienteering, Mason Neck offers a lot of additional recreational opportunities, from biking to canoeing as well as family-oriented Nature programs - come for the orienteering and also take advantage of all that this park offers!

Thanks to course setter Sid Sachs, we will have 8 orienteering course choices: 3 beginner (white, yellow, and a combined white+yellow), 1 intermediate (orange), and 4 advanced (brown, green, red, blue). Mason Neck is quite flat, as many of you know, but it's easy to get off course if you're not paying attention, as the course setter notes indicate.

Event timing is standard: register at the event any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start between 11 - 1:30, and be back before 3pm. Full event details - including links to the bike and canoe rentals as well as the Park's scheduled Family/Nature programs for this Sunday - are on our event webpage.

See you there!