Topics

Orienteer on Foot or on Bike This Sunday at Rosaryville

Greg Lennon

Online registration is now open for this Sunday's orienteering event at Rosaryville State Park (Maryland), where we are offering both classic (foot) and mountain bike course options, albeit at different times.

Mountain Bike Orienteering: Sign in between 8:45 - 9:45am, start anytime between 9 - 10, and be back before 11:30am. Choose one of three courses (short, medium and long) set by Tom Nolan. Register here.

Classic/Foot Orienteering: Sign in between 10:45 - 11:15, start between 11 - 1:30, and be back before 3pm. Choose from among seven courses (white through blue) set by Russ Damtoft. Register here.

Online Registration: We are strongly encouraging online registration for this event due to (new) park guidelines, so please register now. We plan to keep registration open through the event, but since it's easier to register in advance rather than at the event, why not do it now? And although we wish we could collect the park entrance fee as well online, we can't, so keep in mind that cash is a good thing to have on hand for the $3 in-state, $5 out-of-state per vehicle park entrance fee.

Event Director Jane Leggett will also have the charcoal grill going so feel free to bring some grill-able goodies for a picnic.

Full course and event details - and the links to register for either or both events - can be found via our event webpage. One last remind