Topics

Orienteer This Saturday: 7th Annual Bumble & Winter Meeting

Greg Lennon

This Saturday, Feb. 2, marks our 7th annual Bumble, and we're looking forward to seeing you at Hemlock Overlook Park (near Clifton, VA). We will also hold our Winter Meeting & Pot Luck Party in the Lodge there, so come for Dave Onkst's orienteering courses, enter to win some fine door prizes thanks to REI, and stay for the party organized by Event Director Heidi Onkst!

Because of the need to get advanced orienteers registered in time for the 11:45am race briefing and Noon mass start, registration opens at 10:30am. Registration will stay open until 1:15pm for beginner (white & yellow) and intermediate (orange) orienteers and those advanced orienteers unfortunate enough to miss the Noon mass start.

Beginner and intermediate orienteers may start their course any time between 11 - 1:30. All orienteers (on all courses) must be back by or before 3pm (the party will start sometime after 2pm). We will have not have access to a full kitchen; please bring utensils for any dish you bring. Plug-in warming plates or pots are fine to bring. Alcohol is allowed so feel free to bring your favorite beer or wine; QOC will provide non-alcoholic beverages, cups, utensils and paper goods.The weather is expected to be sunny with temperatures in the mid-40's so keeping food in your car before the meeting will be fine but we will also have access to refrigerators.

Please make sure to read the The Bumble for full event details. Full event and course details, a locator map and map notes - including the explanation of what a Bumble is - and plenty of other information is now posted there.

See you Saturday!