Topics

Orienteer This Sunday at Fountainhead

Greg Lennon

For QOC's first orienteering event of 2016, head to Fountainhead Regional Park this Sunday, January 3. Timing is our standard: register at the event any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start between 11am - 1:30, and be sure to have finished before 3pm.

Course setter Jon Campbell has the full array of courses (beginner/white through advanced/blue) on offer, and Event Director Paul Hession will help those of you still catching up with the transition to our new membership database system. If your membership has expired, you can renew online before the event or using your smartphone (online) if you have signal at the event .... we are no longer going to be chasing pieces of white paper around with these details and you won't have to either!

Full event details - and very extensive map and course notes as well as driving directions - are now online on the event webpage. Feel free to bring a mountain bike to enjoy the MTB trails after our event as well, but while orienteering, please do not run along any mountain bike trail.

Advance warning: our Jan. 24 event (on the Quantico Marine Base) requires signing up in advance, so if you're even considering going, make sure to sign up before the January 10 deadline via that event's webpage.

Here's to orienteering in 2016!