Topics

Orienteer This Sunday at Patapsco Valley State Park (Avalon area)

Greg Lennon

This Sunday, March 24, eight fine courses will be on offer (white through blue, including beige) as we host an orienteering event based out of the Avalon area of Patapsco Valley State Park (near Elkridge, MD) - and the weather looks to be mostly sunny and dry!

Full course details are online, thanks to course setter Kim Jepsen, and although there is a vehicle entrance fee at this park, no advance registration is needed. Event director Anne Jepsen would like to remind you that this event is being held out of the "far" parking lot, which means participants will be crossing the road, so please be mindful and carpool if possible. Timing is our standard, so start any time between 11 - 1:30 and be back before 3pm.

Full event details and driving directions are on the event webpage, and while you're on the website, you may also want to register for next Saturday's (March 30) events (MTBO and/or foot) at Rosaryville State Park, where we are now required to have advance registration.