Topics

Orienteer This Sunday at Pohick Regional Bay Park

Greg Lennon

While it may be warm it shouldn't rain this Sunday, May 19, when we will host an orienteering event at Pohick Bay Regional Park (near Lorton, VA). The full set of courses (white through blue) will be available thanks to course setter Keg Good, who has also provided detailed course and map comments.

While event timing is our standard (register between 10:45am - 1:15pm, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and be back no later than 3pm), please note that there may be a fee collected as you enter the park. Those who live in the NOVA Parks jurisdiction (residents of Arlington, Fairfax and Loudoun Counties; Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax & Falls Church) are admitted free (and should be prepared to show ID ). Those who live outside the jurisdiction will pay $4 per vehicle at the gate, assuming the attendant is told that the vehicle occupants are attending the orienteering event at shelter 2.

Full event details and driving directions can be found on the event webpage.

See you Sunday!