Topics

Orienteering + Party Time This Sunday at Jug Bay: Celebrate The Season

Greg Lennon

We wrap up another Sept to June season this coming Sunday at Jug Bay with our annual BEvERage Chase - the longest running orienteering event in the US - and we hope to see you there for both the orienteering and of course the picnic/party, hosted by event director Iva Zicha.

This event has a mass start at noon, and looping courses suitable for all skill levels from beginner to advanced thanks to course setter Peggy Dickison. Pre-registration is now open and strongly encouraged: and as an extra incentive to pre-register, the event is free to all QOC members and even discounted for non-members if, and only if, you pre-register. No refunds for free registrations!

Please check the event webpage for full details including of course the potluck suggestions, and plan to stay after your run to cool down and socialize. We will also be recognizing volunteers and making a variety of announcements.

Quick query: anyone have an extra grill they can easily bring? Please email Iva (click on her name from lower down on the event webpage) if so, because we could use an extra one this year.

OK, now go and register, and we'll see you Sunday!