Topics

Orienteering This Saturday: 6th Annual Bumble + Winter Meeting

Greg Lennon

This Saturday, Feb. 3, marks our 6th annual Bumble, and we're looking forward to seeing you at Patapsco Valley State Park. In a new venue for the Bumble - the Student Services Center of CCBC Catonsville - we will also hold our Winter Meeting & Pot Luck Party, so come for Dave Onkst's orienteering courses, enter to win some fine door prizes thanks to REI, and stay for the party organized by Event Director Heidi Onkst!

Because of the need to get advanced orienteers registered in time for the 11:15am race briefing and 11:30am mass start, registration opens at 10:00am. Registration will stay open until 1:15pm for beginner (white) and intermediate (orange) orienteers and those advanced orienteers unfortunate enough to miss the 11:30am mass start.

Beginner and intermediate orienteers may start their course any time between 11 - 1:30. All orienteers (on all courses) must be back by or before 3pm (the party will start sometime after 2pm). This year at CCBC, we have not have access to a full kitchen; please bring utensils for any dish you bring. Plug-in warming plates or pots are fine to bring. The weather is expected to be chilly (but sunny!) so keeping food in your car before the meeting will be a fine way to keep it cool.

Please make sure to read the The Bumble for full event details. Full event details, a locator map and map notes - including the explanation of what a Bumble is - and plenty of other information is now posted there.

See you Saturday!