Topics

Patuxent Sunday & Q3 Reg Deadline Oct. 14

Greg Lennon

We have sunny warm weather predicted for this Sunday's orienteering event at Patuxent River Park (near Upper Marlboro, MD), and thanks to course setter Craig Shelden, a full set (white through blue) of courses as well.

Event Director Dave Levine reminds you that dogs on leash are welcome, beginner instruction is always available (why not bring a friend to this relatively flat park?), and event timing is our usual - register any time between 10:45 - 1:15, start any time between 11 - 1:30, and be sure to be back by 3pm. Full event details and driving directions are on our event webpage.

And for those of you who haven't yet registered for QOC's "Q3" Classic Two Day Championships, now's the time! Entry fees increase after Oct. 14, and then, late registration closes Oct. 27. This event will take place on the Quantico Marine Base in two fine areas that have never been used before for any orienteering event, so come be the first to check out these new terrains and new maps! All event information and registration is via our USchamps.org website, and in case it's not clear, all orienteers are welcome and that definitely means beginners of all ages too!