From: main@QOC.groups.io Calendar <main@QOC.groups.io>
To: main <main@QOC.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jan 2, 2020 11:00 am
Subject: [QOC] Upcoming Event: Orienteer in Prince William Forest This Sunday (Register Now) - Sun, 01/05/2020 11:00am-3:00pm #cal-reminder

Reminder: Orienteer in Prince William Forest This Sunday (Register Now)
When: Sunday, 5 January 2020, 11:00am to 3:00pm, (GMT-05:00) America/New York
Where:Turkey Run Ridge, Prince William Forest, 5475 Turkey Run Rd, Triangle, VA 22172
Organizer: QOC
Description: Welcome to QOC's first event of 2020! This year, for the first time, we will be parking right at Turkey Run Ridge in the parking lot and camping areas. Please drive directly there, following QOC signage, and to save spaces, carpool if possible.

We are required to have pre-registration for this event, so if you haven't already, please register and pay now using the online form available through our event webpage. You'll find full course details for the seven courses there as well, which have been set to take advantage of the fine woods around and especially south of Turkey Run.

Please note that although the park increased its entrance fees to $20 on January 1, they have agreed to maintain the $15 fee for our event. If the pay station at the park entrance is unmanned, pay the entry fee at the park HQ (Visitors Center) before driving out to the registration site at Turkey Run Ridge. By the way, given that an annual park pass costs $35, QOC members might consider buying an annual pass for this great park; seniors (age 62 or over) can buy an annual pass good nationwide for $20 or a lifetime pass for $80. For even more info, including driving directions, head to the event webpage.

See you Sunday!