Topics

Susquehanna Stumble on Sunday/carpooling to same

Jon

All,

Most of you have probably noticed on the web site that there is no QOC event this coming weekend because SVO's Susquehanna Stumble will be held on Sunday, at Pine Grove Furnace State Park, in the Michaux State Forest a little bit NW of Gettysburg, PA.  SVO will be offering white, yellow, and orange recreational courses (sign up on the spot, fees as usual) plus the Short Stumble (~7km, $18) and the Long Stumble (~14km, $25).  Mass start for both Stumbles will be at 11am. The deadline to pre-register (by email to whitmore@...)) for the Short and Long Stumble is Thursday; registration on site on Sunday will incur an additional $5 fee.

Since the drive to the venue is meaningfully longer for most of us in and around DC than getting to a typical QOC venue, it seems worth organizing some carpooling.  If you plan on attending and would like to participate in a carpool, please email me no later than Friday evening your name, vehicle status (need a seat/possessing a vehicle with # seats available/happy to drive your own vehicle or ride in another vehicle), and your address and/or a brief description of where you could conveniently pick people up and/or could conveniently join up with a carpool in someone else's vehicle.  I'll do my best to make sensible carpooling arrangements for everyone who contacts me. Cheers and I'll hope to see a strong QOC contingent at the Stumble start line on Sunday morning.

Jon