Topics

This Sunday - Patapsco/Avalon Orienteering Event

Greg Lennon

The orienteering event originally scheduled for this last Sunday is now approved to take place - weather permitting! - this coming Sunday, January 17.

The current weather forecasts do indicate the likelihood of precipitation (snow) on Sunday evening, but they do not predict significant precipitation in the 24 hours before or during our event. We expect conditions to be brisk and overcast during the event - not too bad for running, actually. Nonetheless, it's winter and things can happen, so please make sure to check the event webpage just prior to the event just in case of any dramatic weather swings.

Event timing and courses are as previously announced:

  • Register at the event between 10:45 - 1:15, start between 11 - 1:30, finish by 3pm
  • Eight courses (2 beginner, intermediate/orange, and beige through blue/advanced)
  • with full details on the Patapsco
Kim & Anne Jepsen (as course setter and event director) encourage you to come out and get some good winter orienteering!