Topics

Training weekend earlybird deadline

Jon

Amid the press of preparing for the upcoming-in-April QOC national event (for which registration is now open), I neglected to get the word out in a timely fashion about the earlybird deadline for the upcoming QOC training weekend (Saturday, March 16- Sunday, March 17).  Due to my distraction, that deadline has now been extended from the end of today to midnight this Friday, March 1. Anyone, of any level of orienteering experience, is welcome to take part. Details and a link to the online registration system are posted at http://qoc.us.orienteering.org/events/2019/3/16/pwf-spring-weekend.

The training weekend will, as usual, include a night orienteering event on the evening of Saturday, March 16, with courses designed by Karla Hulett and Gary Smith. The night-O will, unless the NPS springs a surprise on us, be open to all comers with no pre-registration required, not just to training weekend participants. Course details should be posted soon, pending final park approval of the courses.

I'll hope to see lots of people at the training weekend, and lots more at the night-O. Cheers.

Jon Torrance