Topics

Upcoming Event: Seneca Creek (BUMBLE + Party) - Sat, 02/29/2020 10:30am-4:30pm #cal-reminder

main@QOC.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: Seneca Creek (BUMBLE + Party)

When: Saturday, 29 February 2020, 10:30am to 4:30pm, (GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:Smokey Glen Farm, 16407 Riffle Ford Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878

View Event

Organizer: QOC

Welcome to the Leap Year Bumble, taking place this Saturday, Feb. 29! The Bumble is a fun orienteering event with courses for all skill levels (yes, beginners are welcome!), and this year it will be held at Smokey Glen Farm, with courses going into Seneca Creek State Park. The Bumble is perfect for orienteers who usually run beige through blue level courses, and it has a mass start at Noon. We will also offer White, Yellow, and Orange courses, and those participants can start anytime between 11:00am – 1:30pm. Registration, downloading, and the post-race party will be in the lower pavilion of Smokey Glen Farm, a warm, indoor building with restrooms and plenty of parking. Because of the mass-start we will open registration at 10:30 am. Please note that spikes are not allowed in the Pavilion, and, dogs are not allowed anywhere on this property.

After the race, we will enjoy a pizza party and get-together; due to licensing issues, please do not bring any home-made or prepared food into the pavilion (but brand-name, packaged snacks are OK). Instead, join us for lunch for just an extra $5 per adult, teen, and tween; no charge for kids 8 and under. We will be sure to have vegetarian, vegan & gluten-free options.

For a ton of event details, including details about the Bumble courses and the course maps, head to our event webpage and make sure to check out the David Onkst's course setter notes.

See you Saturday!