From: "GF" <gford@...>
To: <Quantico_Orienteering_Club@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:17 AM
Subject: [Quantico_Orienteering_Club] US Championships

What would I be missing if I register as "not eligible" for the
Championships. In others words what will USOF membership do for me
in the meet? Thanks George

pdickison@...

The only thing eligibility gets you is the opportunity to win a US
Championship medal. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are a US citizen or
green card holder (and I'm sure you are), then there's absolutely no reason
to say you're not eligible. It's not like we charge you more.
ps -- no medals on the open courses, so it's irrelevant there.
Peggy D
Day 1 course setter

ps #2 -- USOF membership is different from championship eligibility, and for
that you get a discount on the entry fee. That's worth it!

GF <gford@...>

Thanks, Fred. More than likely I'll be running Brown (less likely
green, which I'll have no chance winning, yet ;) )

See you soon. George

GF <gford@...>

As I replyed to Fred, I won't be running as high as Red so it
probably doesn't matter. I should become a member, but I can't find
out what the 25.00 fee buys.