Topics

Volunteers Needed for McKeldin Trail Work

Greg Lennon

QOC Volunteers are Needed to Help with Trail Maintenance at the

McKeldin Area of Patapsco State Park on Saturday, June 24th from 9:00-1:00

The managers of the Patapsco Valley State Park have a policy that requires large groups like QOC to put in a number of volunteer hours doing trail maintenance and/or cleanup at various park locations.  Our club uses a number of areas in the Patapsco State Park annually (Hilton, Avalon, Orange Grove, Granite and McKeldin), so we have a special interest in helping to support and maintain the park.

The club has agreed to round up as many volunteers as we can to do some trail maintenance on Saturday, June 24th from 9:00 – 1:00.   We will assemble at the McKeldin area that morning.   Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and the park will supply tools and instruction.  This is a great opportunity to contribute to the maintenance of a park that we enjoy and benefit from on a yearly basis. QOC will host a get-together afterwards with food for all volunteers. For full details about this event, head to our event webpage.

Please text or email me directly (using the address below - i.e. pls don't just hit reply on this email) by 6/20 if you are able to volunteer on the 24th.   We want to get a head count of volunteers, so the park staff can plan the work day.   We are hoping for a big turnout.  Thanks,

Jody Landers, QOC President

443-386-2638 cell (If you text, please include your full name in the text)

Email: jody@landersclan.com