Topics

What does it take..

GF <gford@eudoramail.com> <gford@...>

to out right cancel a meet? I'm one of the mysterious volenteers
mentioned for this Sunday. Some are predicting the mother of all
snowfalls on Sunday (aren't they all?) I'm not a snow whimp but I
don't want to travel 50 miles in snow to find no one there.

Is the Info line the place? Or the Meet director? George

Jon Torrance <djon@...>

George et al,

Whatever it takes in the way of weather to cancel a meet hasn't happened yet in the time I've been here. For general consumption, the info line is the place to go for final confirmation (volunteers calling the meet director is one thing - they'd be overwhelmed if everyone did). Though we'll make every effort to announce a cancellation by email and on the web site as well. As of now, neither the meet director nor the course setter has raised a yellow flag - let alone a red one - and I'm sure they're both paying close attention to the forecast.

Save rainforest for free with a Planet-Save.com e-mail account:
http://www.planet-save.com

Van Anthony <vananthony@...>

Jon,

Riverbend was cancelled about 6 years ago during a snow emergency. (As
Tom says, there's always snow at Riverbend, the question is just how much).
Marmie and I had offered to help at that meet, but the day before the meet,
the director suggested that we pass since nobody was going to show anyway
and he could handle the 3 people who fought there way there in their 4-wheel
drive vehicles by himself. About 12 hours later the meet was cancelled.

Van